Are you planning a vacation in 2024? Why not bring your dog along! There are lots of great destinations to visit with your dog. These vacation spots all have hotels that welcome dogs. They have things to do for you and your dog, including great places to walk. And they all have lots of restaurants with canine amenities like patios and dog menus. Any of these places would be perfect for your next vacation!
Dog-Friendly Vacation Spots in the USA
These pup-pleasing destinations are full of fun things for you and your dog to do!
Tucson's warm weather means that this is a great place to visit with your pup in the colder months. Dogs are allowed in many local parks, including Saguaro National Park. The Pima Air and Space Museum and the Tucson Botanical Gardens also welcome pets. Many local restaurants have patios that are perfect for dinner with your dog.
Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville is one of America's most dog-friendly cities. Dogs can go to so many places! They are welcome at the Biltmore Estate and Riverside State Park. Many restaurants even have dog menus. If you like breweries, you're in luck; several local spots like Urban Orchard let dogs inside.
Ready for a romp in the sand? Pensacola is home to lots of shops, hotels, and restaurants that welcome dogs. Dogs are welcome on the trails and paths at Gulf Islands National Seashore. You can also take them to Big Lagoon State Park and the Pensacola Scenic Bay Bluffs Preserve. There are even dog-friendly cruises! And don't forget the dog beaches at local public parks. There's so much to do with your pup in Pensacola!
Dog-Friendly Vacation Spots Abroad
For the ultimate doggy getaway, take your dog to one of these overseas destinations! You will need medical records to take your dog abroad. Talk to your vet early about these papers. They take some time to get!
Dogs go everywhere in Italy, and Venice is no exception. Well-behaved dogs can come in most restaurants. And Venice's gondoliers are happy to give rides to dogs! Venice's streets are narrow, so make sure your dog has good leash manners before you go. They should be comfortable in a harness, which provides better, safer control than a collar.
Most of Vienna's many coffee shops and cafés invite dogs inside. The same is true for bars, restaurants, and retail establishments. Your dog can even ride on the metro! The city has a gorgeous dog park in the heart of the museum district. It's the perfect place to take a break from all the shopping and sightseeing you can do with your pup in Vienna.
Vancouver's parks and wild areas are a dog's paradise! Dogs are welcome at the city's beaches and parks. There are even off-leash parks for dogs who like adventuring. Or you can visit the city's public markets, like the Mainstreet Station Farmer's Market and the Granville Island Public Market. And don't forget the Arboretum, known around the world for its beauty. Your dog can play there, too!
Tips for Traveling With Your Dog
Ready to take your dog on a whirlwind adventure? Here are our best tips for traveling with your pup.
- Visit the Vet: Schedule a visit to the vet before the trip to ensure your dog is in good health. Update vaccinations and get a copy of your dog's medical records.
- ID and Microchip: Make sure your dog always wears an ID tag with your contact information. Consider getting your dog microchipped for added security.
- Pack Their Essentials: Bring some of your dog's favorite toys to make them feel at ease. And make sure to bring your dog's food and some favorite treats!
- Car Safety: Always use a harness and seat belt in the car! Or use a pet carrier to make sure they are safe.
- Regular Breaks: Dogs need travel breaks too! Plan for regular stops for the bathroom, hydration, and short walks.
- Pet-Friendly Activities: Plan activities that you and your dog can enjoy together. Look for dog-friendly hiking trails, parks, and beaches.
- Respect Others: Always follow any rules about where dogs can and can't go. Always have your dog on a leash in public areas and make sure to clean up after them.
- Emergency Preparedness: Find the name and number of a local vet at your vacation spot. Hopefully, you won't need an emergency vet. But it's always good to be prepared!
Taking your dog on vacation is very rewarding. It can be so fun for both of you! When you travel with your dog, make sure you pack their Joyride harness. It's escape-proof and prevents pulling. And it fits every size and shape of dog! It's the perfect harness to keep them safe and secure on vacation.