You ever get that feeling when you connect with a dog and they’re just all about you? It’s one of the most satisfying feelings that any human on the face of this earth could experience. You’re like ah, yes witness me as your rightful provider of love. Yes, we’re guilty of even doing this with our friends’ dogs. You know it about yourself, too.
When you’re in a household with others, you might be wondering who your dog loves best. Now, we’re not about to encourage competition...but we’re humoring it for this one blog post because it’s an awesome feeling. No one can deny that when a dog takes a liking to you, it’s like sunshine warming your face.
Depending on the breed of your dog, they may show different signs of affection. Affection types can be assigned to the following dog breeds:
- Asian Breeds (e.g. Chow Chows)
- Arctic Breeds (e.g. Huskies and Malamutes)
- Companion Breeds (e.g. Pomeranians)
- Guard Breeds (e.g. Bulldogs and Rottweilers)
- Herding Breeds (e.g. Australian Shepherds and Border Collies)
- Sport Breeds (e.g. Golden Retrievers)
- Terrier Breeds (e.g. Yorkshire Terriers)
Since some behaviors can be adapted by breeds that can exhibit those specific behaviors, we’re going to share with you the signs of affection in one-go. Some of these might come as no shock to you, but think of these as reassurance of the connection you have with your fur baby.
Signs Your Dog Loves You the Most
- Your dog is all about playtime with you. Playtime is really a bonding moment and not all dogs will engage in playtime with other humans. If they’re rough with playtime in some cases, this is just another level of playtime that shows the immensity of their affection.
- Excessive tail-wagging. As soon as your doggo sees you, their tail goes into helicopter mode and it doesn’t look like there are any signs of stopping it...unless they’re asleep.
- Following you wherever you go. With a pack mentality, if your dog follows you, it’s because they recognize you as their own.
- Kisses galore. If they’re licking you, this is a way they show how much they care about you. It’s also a grooming thing, so if they’re looping you in on grooming time, oh yeah… You’re set. Grooming is a huge indicator of how comfortable your fur baby is with you.
- They want cuddles or belly rubs. If your dog lays down in front of you and is expecting for you to show them affection with a belly up, wanting to climb on you, or putting their paws on you for attention, they’ve bonded with you and are showing a unique connection.
- They’re protective beyond belief. It doesn’t have to be barking or getting stand-offish with other people. Protection can simply be sitting by your side at all times.
This is just a sampling of how-tos we offer at Joyride Harness. You can also find tips and tricks and how-tos for caring for your dog on our blog at this section. Feel free to leave a comment with tips you’re looking for!